The complex part happens
behind the scenes.
What's In The Box
- The PhysioCam Camera Cube
- The PhysioCam Glowing Cube
- PhysioCam Camera Cube Power Supply
- PhysioCam Glowing Cube Power Supply
- Heart Rate Armband
- Heart Rate Armband USB Charger
- Heart Rate Armband Replacement Band
Powering the PhysioCam
The Camera Cube
Regardless of the mode in which you use the PhysioCam, the Camera Cube serves as the “brain” of the PhysioCam system. Before your first use, please identify the following features on the Camera Cube:
The Glowing Cube
Through the PhysioCam Glowing Cube, the nervous system is represented in vivid color. Regardless of the mode in which you use the PhysioCam, the Glowing Cube will indicate detected changes in the nervous system. Before your first use, please identify the following features on the Glowing Cube:
The Heart Rate Armband
For situations in which environmental lighting is not adequate or significant movement is required, a Heart Rate Armband is provided as an experimental, alternative data source. Replacing the camera in the PhysioCam pipeline, the Armband measures intervals of time between peaks in a cardiac pulse wave and transmits these intervals over Bluetooth to the PhysioCam Camera Cube. Before your first use, please identify the following features on the Heart Rate Armband:
Connecting to WiFi
While the PhysioCam can be used in “offline” mode, keeping your device connected to your WiFi network is encouraged. By maintaining internet connectivity, your PhysioCam will be available to receive automatic software updates and live maintenance upon request.
To connect your PhysioCam to a WiFi network for the first time:
- Power On Your PhysioCam – Using the Power Button on the side of your PhysioCam Camera Cube, press to power on your device.
- Wait for the Start Button to Flash – After a few moments, the Start Button (above the Power Button) should begin to flash steadily. When you see this flash, your PhysioCam is attempting to connect to WiFi. A PhysioCam session cannot be started until this flashing has stopped.
- Look for Your PhysioCam Network – To access the web page for saving your network credentials to your PhysioCam, you must first connect to the WiFi network created by your PhysioCam. On a computer or mobile device, search and connect to the network named on the bottom of the insert included in your PhysioCam box.
- Provide Home Network Credentials – When your computer or mobile device has connected to your PhysioCam’s network, access the My PhysioCam portal using the web address https://10.42.0.1:5000 or by scanning the QR code labeled Connecting to WiFi on the insert included in your PhysioCam box. Using the navigation bar at the top of the web page or the drop-down navigation menu (on mobile), open the Network page. Using the provided fields, enter the name and password of your home network and submit with the button below. You will be redirected to the My PhysioCam portal home page with a confirmation message. If the provided credentials are invalid or cannot be associated with a network in range, the PhysioCam will restart and you may attempt the connection process again.
- Wait for Button Flash to Stop – If your provided network credentials are accepted, a valid network is accessible using previously saved credentials, or fewer than 28 days have passed since your device was last connected to the internet, the Start Button on your Camera Cube will stop flashing. You are now able to begin your first session!
After you have connected your PhysioCam to your WiFi network for the first time, the PhysioCam will remember your home network credentials and attempt to automatically connect in the future.
If your PhysioCam is able to find your saved home WiFi network, the Start Button will briefly flash to indicate WiFi connection, then stop on its own.
If the PhysioCam is not able to find your saved home WiFi network, but you have connected your PhysioCam to the internet within the last 28 days, the Start Button will briefly flash to indicate WiFi connection, then stop on its own.
If the PhysioCam is not able to find your saved home WiFi network and you have not connected your PhysioCam to the internet within the last 28 days, the Start Button will flash until a new network has been connected using the steps listed above.
Starting a Session: Camera Mode
Once your PhysioCam has completed its initial WiFi connection process, the Camera Cube Start Button will have ceased flashing. Pressing the Start Button at this time will begin a new PhysioCam session, illuminating the Start Button. The Camera Cube will connect to the Glowing Cube at this time.